Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That this is my dry season with our schooling. Everyone else is on spring break, so it feels like I need a break too, but because we take time off in May for our county fair we have to keep pushing through. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....

What I'm reading: I started reading a book that a friend of a friend wrote, titled My Journey With Justin. Through the pages, Sheila K Campbell describes her struggle as her young son was left in a coma with severe brain damage after heart surgery, and how her faith in God is tested, but stood strong. An amazing story.

What I'm listening to: A quiet house. Which is lovely.

What we're learning: This week the older two are writing an essay on the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD. They are using the essay principles that they have learned in their IEW class. The younger two are just plugging along in their schoolwork....

What I'm watching: Over the weekend we watched Ender's Game. Bookworm (of course) and I had read the book and we all enjoyed the movie.

What's cooking: This week I am making Thai Spiced Braised Chicken, Eggplant Parmesan, and this weekend, yummy Tempura.

What I'm praying: One of my friends posted this quote by Anthony Robbins on Facebook today..."Every problem is a gift – without problems we would not grow." So true. And just what I needed to hear today. Lord give me grace as I use the problems and conflicts in daily life to glorify you.

What I'm planning: This week we are planning to start passing out our auction buyer letters. And we are trying something new....our project needs some bigger equipment, like a goat stand and new clippers, so we are asking for business sponsors. Those that support us will get their names on the back of our fair T-shirts....

What we did this last weekend: We had a very nice weekend. Saturday morning was spent doing little things around the house, then in the afternoon we all went for a bike ride. Sunday we were at church, then home for yummy Tostadas.

What I'm looking forward to: We are working more with our goats now since fair is about a month away...we'll be over at the farm where they are a few times this week. Plus we have a goat showmanship clinic this Saturday so the kids are getting lots of practice in. Practice, practice, practice.....

A picture to share:


 ~Yes, this little piggy, at the farm where our goats are, loves being scratched on his tummy.

Comments

Popular Posts