Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we only have 6 weeks or so until our county fair. It is coming up fast, and it feels like we have lots to do to still prepare. The kids work with their goats 2-3 times a week, plus we still have fundraising, auction letters to pass out, and fair things to prepare. It is all a good learning experience, but a busy time.

What we're learning: This week in history the kids are learning about Paul's Journeys and Nero's persecutions. I am loving Logic of English's Foundations for Nutsy...watch for a review in a few weeks.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend we watched Gravity. The special effects were impressive but I wasn't thrilled with the overall movie.

What's cooking: This week I am making Split Pea Soup, Shepherd's Pie, and Tostadas. We also have a fundraising bake sale for 4H this weekend, so Kaitlyn and I are making Apple Cinnamon Bread, Banana Bread, and Whole Wheat Bread.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my camera. I love being able to take photos of the world around me.

What I'm creating: An organized closet. I am planning, this whole week, to go through the closet in our bedroom. You know how it is....the closet is the place where you stuff those things that you are not quite sure what to do with....

What I'm praying: I am praying for my dad, who is in Zimbabwe on a missions trip. Which reminds me that I need to be more consistent in praying for the missionaries that our church supports. Prayers for wisdom, health, and safety.

What we did this last weekend: We did a few things around the house on Saturday. Then on Sunday we had church, our fellowship meal, and then the service at the assisted living center. Then over to a friends for dinner and Catch Phrase.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our Fun 4H meeting tomorrow night at Sky High, where the kids will bounce to their hearts content. And we are planning to head out for our weekly goat weighing day on Wednesday.

A picture to share:


~The little girlies, on our bike ride.

2 comments:

  1. Scott is really interested in Zimbabwe, your dad must be having an amazing time!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Jennifer! I am very excited to find out about how the trip went when my dad gets back. :-)

    ReplyDelete