Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is going to be a rainy week here. I don't mind it because we really need the rain, but we are caring for a farm full of animals and will be out there, twice a day, feeding them.

What I'm listening to: Owl City is on right now....I call it my clean-up music....for some reason listening to it gets me into the mood to move around and clean.

What we're learning: This week we are learning about sound in science. The kids are reading all about sonar, ultrasound, bio-acoustics, and sound in space. Nutsy loves doing Reading Kingdom, and Dasher is doing great with Logic of English. She has struggled with reading and this curriculum has been the perfect fit.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend we all watched Saving Mr. Banks. I loved it. It was very thought provoking and made for some good family discussions.

What's cooking: This week I am making Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce, Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Mediterranean Wraps, and this weekend I am planning to make Teriyaki Chicken and Gyoza.

What I'm thankful for: Good friends. This last Sunday I saw two people that I only get to see once a year or so, and my conversation with them was so encouraging. God has also surrounded me with precious friends that I get to see each week.

What I'm praying: I am praying that I would be thankful in all things. Even on my worst day, I can be thankful, because I know I have been saved from my sin.

What I'm planning: I am going to try, for the next few weeks, to take one child out a week for a Date with Momma. They are getting older, and deliberate conversations are so important.

What we did this last weekend: We went to Sectional Presentation Day. My Sweetie and I judged and all three older kids competed. And they all got golds! Sunday we went to church and Sunday School, then home for burgers and a relaxing afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: A nice rain soaking. Hot tea. Warm socks. Pesto for dinner.

A picture to share:



~At Sectionals with our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment