Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am loving the weather today. It was 80 degrees, sunny, and just perfectly lovely.

What I'm listening to: Right now, Piano Guys are playing....they have such fun music.

What we're learning: This week the older ones are learning about the life of Jesus. We are using Biblioplan in history and I love it that they are learning Bible and ancient history concurrently. In writing Dasher is learning how to write a story in sequence, and Nutsy is working on place value in math.

What I'm watching: The view out of my kitchen window is the best right now....I planted 50 tulips throughout our backyard and they are in bloom. The roses are starting to bud, and I can see my baby tomatoes waving to me from their little house on the deck.

What's cooking: This week I am making Japanese Curry, Gyros in the slow cooker, and Chicken Masala. I also need to bake some bread tomorrow, and I have a turkey in the freezer that I need to roast.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful that my sins are forgiven. And throughout my life I will strive to be joyful, through the good and the bad, remembering His work of redemption.

What I'm praying: I am praying about my prayers, that they would be meaningful, deliberate, and that I would make more of an effort to be faithful in them.

What we did this last weekend: We had our goat showmanship clinic on Saturday. The kids in my project did a great job and had fun learning how to show. Sunday we heard a convicting sermon on I Thes. 5:11-28, then after Sunday school we went to the park for a picnic with friends. Back home our family hung outside for a while, then we relaxed by making Gyoza, spring rolls, sunimono, and miso.

What I'm looking forward to: We are doing more fun experiments in co-op this week...one of them is on luminescence and is sure to be a fun one. Then Saturday we have our 4H sectional presentation competition at UC Davis. The kids are madly working on their presentations...or at least they are supposed to be.

A picture to share:



 ~Learning goat showmanship.

Comments

Popular Posts