Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it was a beautiful day today! We had some overnight rain, but it cleared up this morning and the sky was such a lovely blue, with highs hitting 70 degrees. I love California.

What I'm reading: I picked up a great book from the library last week....Little House in the Suburbs by Deanna Caswell and Daisy Siskin. This book has some very cool ideas about bringing the farm, home-cooking, and self sustaining ideas to your home in the city.

What we're learning: This week and next we are getting into the meaty stuff in Ancient Roman history in co-op. The Roman Wars, Roman life, Julius Caesar....such interesting stuff.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend we got Catching Fire and watched it as a family. I find the whole twist of government control along with the reality TV ideas to be very thought provoking. It also made for some interesting conversations with the kids.

What's cooking: Right now I am smelling my Split Pea Soup bubbling away on the stove; that is what is for dinner tonight. The rest of the week? I am trying a new Chicken and Dumplings recipe, and Honey Garlic Chicken in my slow cooker.

What I'm creating: As you can see, I have gotten in a rut with this blog. For the last 6 weeks, I have seriously only blogged my Monday Musings and My Week In Images. I really, really, really want to post a couple recipes and some goat updates....

What I'm praying: That I would see my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ with His grace. So often I am wanting to return evil for evil, but I need to remember what I have done, what Christ has done for me, and with patience, give grace to those around me.

What I'm planning: This is our first week of getting into the mid 70's...I need to do some more planting and start prepping the ground outside for my little babies.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we had a car wash for our 4H goat project, and we raised enough money to pay for the rest of our feed. Yay! We still need some supplies for the overall project so we are not done yet... Then Sunday we heard a convicting sermon on I Thessalonians 5: 15 and then went to the park with dear friends for a picnic and baseball.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our 4H club meeting this week, our homeschooling co-op, and just the normal stuff.

A picture to share:





~Working hard at the car wash.....


No comments:

Post a Comment