Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I finally figured out my photo editing glitch. You probably didn't notice, but I haven't been adding any photos from my SLR camera. But now that my editing program is up again, I will download the 500+ photos from my camera and start working with them....

What I'm reading: Any good book ideas?

What I'm listening to: The two younger girls playing next to me. They have created this whole world for their stuffed animals, complete with houses, stores, and places to work.

What we're learning: The older two have finished Chemistry 101 ! There were moments when it got a bit dry, but it was chemistry and my kids learned a lot about the periodic table. Dasher is writing a paragraph on George Washington for our writing class, and Nutsy is starting a new section of Bob Books.

What I'm watching: Rain, rain, rain. Yes we really do need it, but when you have to clean up after goats, it makes for an incredible mess.

What's cooking: This week I am making White Sausage Pasta, Stuffed Marinara Shells, and Beef Hot Pot.

What I'm praying: I am praying for a long-time acquaintance from Facebook who just found out that their 3 year-old daughter has a fatal, debilitating disease. Prayers for wisdom and peace.

What I'm planning: We are getting a head start this year and I am planning to spend a day with each child this week on their 4H record books. They can be so hard to figure out if you wait until the end of the 4H year (June) to do them.

What we did this last weekend: We didn't do too much on Saturday...the girls and I put together a fun puzzle. Sunday we went to church, our fellowship meal, and then to the assisted living center for their monthly service. Then back to our house with friends for the evening.

What I'm looking forward to: A normal week. We have just the regular things going on...co-op, 4H, laundry, library trip, homeschooling.

A picture to share:




~Dasher and Bookworm are driving their goats, and you can see Mr. Lego and Nutsy in the background feeding the others some alfalfa.

1 comment:

  1. What do you use to edit photos? I would be at a loss without mine, too!

    I'm reading Hands Free Mama and so far I like it, but I'm only a couple chapters in.

    Praying for wisdom and peace. I can't even imagine. So sad.

    A normal week sounds heavenly! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete