Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: It is County Presentation Week! All three of the older ones are doing presentations. Mr. Lego is doing a power point on The Livestock Auction, Bookworm is also doing a power point and hers is on Raising Market Goats, and Dasher is doing an interpretive reading from Roald Dahl's The Twits.

What I'm reading: I am reading a fun book right now: Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl. She is a restaurant critic in New York and has some fun stories to tell.

What we're learning: This week all of the kids are learning about Newton's three laws of motion in science. The older ones are wrapping up their section in IEW Student Writing on research papers, and I am planning on doing some fun math games with the younger two.

What I'm watching: The Olympics have been on...we have especially enjoyed the downhill skiing, short track, and trying to figure out how sudden death works in hockey.

What's cooking: This week I am making Indian Curry in the crock pot, Chicken Sausage Stew, and Mozzarella Pesto Paninis.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the house we live in. Its size is perfect, and I love the large windows on the first floor.

What I'm planning: I need to start planning my March goat meeting...I am leading a combined Market/Nigerian/Dairy project meeting and will be relying on my trusty Teen Leader, Bookworm, to help me out.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we got out into the yard and did some work....the guys cleaned things up from winter and the girls and I planted some lettuce, beets, onions and tomatoes from seed. Right now they are all sitting on my kitchen counter where it is nice and warm. It felt so good to get outside and do some gardening!

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op tomorrow, then afterwards we head right over to the goat farm to trim hooves and do our weekly weigh in. The goats did not gain much at all last week, so I am hoping we see some gain tomorrow.

A picture to share:





~The makings for Turkey Stock....

No comments:

Post a Comment