Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we were very blessed to have rain this last weekend. It made for a serious mud hole at the goat farm, but it will turn things in our area green again.

What I'm reading: The last thing I read was the 4H Presentation Manual, looking for a complete description of an Interpretive Reading. That is what Dasher is going to do in 10 days, at our county Presentation Day, and we are putting the final touches on her presentation.

What I'm listening to: The tea water coming to a boil in the kitchen. I am planning to make a lovely cup of Jasmine tea for this evening. With all this rain and cool weather I have been drinking more tea lately...

What we're learning: This week the older kids are finishing up their research papers on Ancient Greece. Nutsy is loving Reading Kingdom, and the three older ones are enjoying learning Spanish and German with Mango Languages.

What I'm watching: The Olympics have been on our TV...the snowboarding was fun to watch and the downhill skiing is incredible.

What's cooking: This week I am making Salsa Chicken in the crock pot, Falafels, and Split Pea Soup with Ham.

What I'm buying: Goat feed by 250 pound increments. When this is all done, our goat project, with its seven goats, will have gone through almost 2000 pounds of goat feed. We have candy bar sales coming next week and a car wash next month to raise money.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to give us wisdom as My Sweetie and I parent and advise our older children.

What I'm planning: I have my monthly shopping trips to plan and the menu to come up with...it takes a lot of brain power to do it this way, but then I tell myself that I only have to do it twelve times a year.

What we did this last weekend: We swapped kids with some friends this last Friday night...Mr. Lego went to their house and two of their younger girls came here. We had pizza and watched the Opening Ceremonies. Saturday was a rainy day so we stayed home, then Sunday to church and Sunday school.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a 4H meeting tomorrow, then co-op on Wednesday. I am also looking forward to planning out my garden....

A picture to share:




My photo editing program isn't working and I can't upload, so I found this gem...my heading when I first started my blog in 2009....

Comments

Popular Posts