Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our goats have settled in nicely and are starting to gain weight. We go a couple times a week to work with them and clean out their pasture. And today I did some math and we have 115 days until fair...

What I'm reading: I started reading The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir. My friend let me borrow it this week and so far I am enjoying it. History is fascinating.

What I'm listening to: Landry still going, even at this hour. We had a couple of places to be this afternoon so my last load (of 5 today) is in the washer.

What we're learning: This week we are moving on in history to learn about Athens and Sparta. I am reading Apologia's Elementary Chemistry and Physics to the younger two and this week we are starting a chapter on Newton's Laws of Motion.

What's cooking: This week I am making a roasted chicken for dinner one night, Green Thai Curry another, and Indian Makhani Chicken in the crock pot on our co-op day.

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for my husband's job. God has been very merciful and faithful in sustaining us through it.

What I'm creating: I am helping the kids with their 4H presentations...Mr. Lego is doing his on the Junior Livestock Auction and Bookworm is doing one on choosing a market goat. Both of them are doing PowerPoint Presentations which has been fun to do. And for the first time, Dasher is a Presenter. She'll be doing an Interpretive Reading of one of The Littles books.

What I'm praying: For my older children, that God would make it clear what their paths should be.

What we did this last weekend: We did some major organizing in the girl's room and cleaned out 3 bags of trash, 2 bags of hand me downs, and lots of old toys. Sunday we were at church, Sunday school, and then the service at the assisted living center. Then we headed over to a friends to watch the first half of the Super Bowl, and then to give up and play cards.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a 4H Officer Meeting this week, and co-op is meeting this week as well. And this Saturday we are all headed to visit the goats and do some hoof trimming. AND...a certain someone has his 17th birthday this week....

A picture to share:



~A lively game of Phase 10...

Comments

Popular Posts