Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am so thankful for the 18 years that the Lord has given my husband and I in marriage. Last week were were able to get away to the coast for a couple of days by ourselves and we really enjoyed time with just the two of us.

What I'm listening to: My Spotify playlist is running as I sit here on the computer and Steven Curtis Chapman's song Glorious Unfolding is playing right now.

What we're learning: This week chemistry has become a bit more interesting...the DVD series we are doing, Chemistry 101, is going through each of the elements and describing them in detail. Fascinating stuff. I am also going to try to get back into my reading aloud time each day. The last couple of months I have gotten out of the habit...

What I'm watching: While we were away My Sweetie and I saw two movies: Catching Fire and Captain Phillips. Both of them were excellent; Catching Fire was exactly like the book and had great sequences. And Captain Phillips was an incredible story; very emotional and intense.

What's cooking: This week I am making Peanut Chicken, Stuffed Poblano Peppers, and a chicken and rice casserole. We also ran out of bread today so I need to do some baking....

What I'm praying: I am praying for rain. We are in serious need of rain here in California, and I am praying that God would bless our land with moisture.

What I'm planning:  It is time to start thinking about my garden for next year...I plan to start my seeds indoors pretty soon.

What we did this last weekend: Sunday we went to church and then had our church's annual meeting. Then over to a park for a picnic, good conversation, and flag football. (Not the mamas....we sat and played Phase 10.)

What I'm looking forward to: We have a fairly quiet week this week...we will be over to take care of the goats and work with them a couple of times.

A picture to share:



"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, 
always with the same person." 
~ Mignon McLaughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment