Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it has happened....MY SON IS A LICENSED DRIVER. Yes, he passed his behind the wheel test, and can now drive all on his own. I am very proud of him, and how well he did.

What I'm reading: Not anything new right now...Bookworm picked up a book at the library that she wants me to read - A Higher Calling by Adam Makos - a story of two fighter pilots from different sides in World War II.

What I'm listening to: Laundry going....

What we're learning: This week the older ones are learning about the elements in chemistry. In history we are all learning about the Babylonians. This section of history is fascinating.

What's cooking: This week we are having hamburgers, I am making Clam Chowder, and Black Bean Ham Soup.

What I'm thankful for: The fervent prayers of those saints before me. This last Sunday's sermon was a convicting one about prayer. And it was mentioned that there were those in the past who faithfully prayed, that I would know His saving grace. Shouldn't I then be in prayer for others?

What I'm creating: Picnic food. Because this week, I'm planning one.

What I'm planning: I need to do some schedule planning for school....I tend to plan about a month at a time, down to what each child does in every subject each day. I don't have a schedule for next week so I need to get the kids books out and figure it out.

What we did this last weekend: We did some things around the house on Saturday.... the gang cleaned out the garage and I disinfected the kitchen counters. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then over to a friends with another family for a lovely time of fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: A celebration this week....

A picture to share:


~ My babies, seven years ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment