Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we (or I should say the three older ones), are now the proud owners of their market goats! We picked them up on Saturday and now they reside about 10 minutes from us. Let the 4H fun begin.

What I'm reading: I just finished reading a fun book titled Laughing Without An Accent by Firoozeh Dumas. She has a lovely wittiness that is pleasant to read.

What we're learning: It's back to school this week. The older two are learning about the beginnings of Ancient Greece in history, and are very busy writing their 4H presentations which need to be finished this week. The younger two are learning about mixtures in chemistry, and we started a new section in our music appreciation book on Handel.

What's cooking: This week I am making Quesadilla Pie, Indian Curry in the slow-cooker, and Cheddar Chicken Chowder. I still have some apples from Apple Hill so I am planning to make some apple turnovers and a couple of batches of Apple Muffins for the freezer.

What I'm buying: This afternoon I took Bookworm to the shoe store so she could buy her cowboy boots. She has a goat showmanship workshop this Saturday and wanted to use some of her Christmas money to get some new boots. And I must say, they look very nice on her.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the place I live in. It can get pretty hot in my area, but thankfully the coldest temperatures we get is in the 20's. Still a bit cold for me, but it makes me thankful for the weather we have here.

What I'm creating: Well, I have a couple of reviews that are due in the next week or so, and about 400 photos from the holidays to go through and edit that are sitting on my computer.

What I'm planning: I need to lesson plan for our co-op this week....I do love teaching IEW writing, but there is stuff that I need to go over before each lesson. I also need to figure out what science experiments we should do this week....

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we went and got our goats....it went very smooth and they were happily installed in their pen. (Unlike two years ago, when we lost one of our goats in an elementary school.) Sunday we went to church and to the assisted living center service, then home for card games and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: Co-op gets back up this week, and all the other normal stuff too. I loved being on a break, but am glad to be getting back into a routine again.

A picture to share:


~Monday's sunrise.

Comments

Popular Posts