Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is freezing cold here. Literally. Our low today was 22 degrees, with a high of only 47 degrees. That's cold, people.

What I'm reading: Not too much. The last thing I read was the 4H Goat Resource Handbook. We are meeting a goat breeder this Saturday and I need to start doing some research for our goat project meeting.

What I'm listening to: The kids have the soundtrack to The Man in the Iron Mask on right now....we do like listening to soundtracks from time to time.

What we're learning: This week the kids are learning about Ancient Crete in history, and compounds and molecules in chemistry. The younger two are starting to learn about Handel in music appreciation, and working hard to get their workbook assignments done before our Christmas break.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Chilaquilas, beef tacos, and hamburgers. I am also planning on making some apple turnovers with the last of our apples from Apple Hill.

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for the beauty I see in God's creation. Such a wonderful reminder, of what a powerful and mighty God we have.

What I'm praying: Mr. Lego is really, really trying to get a job so I am praying that someone out there will hire him.

What I'm planning: I have big shopping coming up this week, plus we have two 4H meetings. I need to get my lists, menus, and teaching notes all ready.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday was a relaxing day. We took a nice walk out in the cold, then came home for California maki, miso, sunomono, and teriyaki chicken. Sunday we went to church, Sunday school, then home with friends for fellowship and card games.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to co-op, and I'm excited to head out to the goat farm and see what goats we will be dealing with this year.

A picture to share:


~Beautiful frosty leaves. What I have been seeing outside in the mornings lately......

1 comment:

  1. I love your new pic! You, all, look great! Be thankful you are in California. Our high temp is your low temp. ;-) I love it here in Michigan though!

    ReplyDelete