Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I can't believe it is the 23rd of December! Time has just flown.

What I'm listening to: Right now I am typing this at the kitchen table while the girls are cleaning up the mess I made this afternoon during my holiday baking. So I am hearing dishes clanking, water running, and smelling yummy Garam Masala for dinner.

What we're learning: No school this week! But learning never stops...this morning we went to a nearby food bank and helped to pass out food with our 4H club.

What's cooking: This week we are having our annual Christmas Eve Appetizer Night...I'm making stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapenos, cheesy potato skins, egg rolls, and baked brie. We'll also have some other fun cheeses, crackers, and to have at least one healthy item, some raw vegetables and dip.

What I'm buying: Nothing! Everything is in the house for the next week.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful that our family has enough. Each year when we help at the food bank, I am reminded that I am so blessed with the material things that God has given us.

What I'm creating: Well today I was pretty productive in the kitchen...I made Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies, Cranberry Orange Scones, and Salted Chocolate Caramels. Some of these will go into boxes to take to our neighbors, and the rest will be eaten over the week. We'll see how long they last in our house....

What I'm praying: Many people are traveling these next couple of weeks so I am praying for traveling mercies for those who are leaving home.

What I'm planning: To have a relaxing week! It is nice to not have to worry about school, housework, and 4H.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we went to the farm where our goats will be kept and built a shelter for them. Sunday was church and then an afternoon with friends.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to being with family, friends, and those I love most.

 A picture to share:



~Christmas Yummies.

Comments

  1. Holiday baking is one of our favorite traditions. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas from a fellow Crew member. (AdenaF.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adena, for commenting! Baking is such fun. And you have a wonderful New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts