Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: It is not even December yet. No. Way. Seriously, I can't believe we are already into December. Time is just flying by.

What I'm reading: I am working my way through James Herriott's books right now...currently on All Things Bright and Beautiful. Love his books.

What I'm listening to: Handel's Messiah is filling our home with music today. Such powerful songs.

What we're learning: Back to school this week. The older two are learning about neutrons, isotopes, and ions in chemistry. I am doing a music appreciation course for the younger two through Zeezok Publishing, and this week we are finishing up a unit on Bach. In co-op I have a few fun experiments planned....smoke bombs, growing crystals, and fun things with borax, balloons, Mentos, and vinegar.

What's cooking: This week I am making Lasagna, Pulled BBQ Pork, and then Maki and Miso this weekend.

What I'm buying: Who has borax or alum on hand for science experiments? I don't, so I am off to the store before Wednesday's co-op to get some.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for my mother-in-law, who came to our house for Thanksgiving. We had such a fun time with her; eating, talking, and visiting Apple Hill.

What I'm praying: We were hit with head colds last week and the kids are all coughing. While it is not a serious cough it is annoying, and I am praying it goes away soon.

What I'm planning: To do some organizing. I was given a small drawer set by a friend that will go perfectly in the schoolroom. So I want to move some books into it, which will free up space to move some artsy stuff in from the garage, which will then force me to go through some things in the garage....you know how that is.

What we did this last weekend: We went to Apple Hill with our Obachan on Friday, then put up our Christmas tree. Saturday we took our annual family photos, then Sunday was church, fellowship meal, and the assisted-living center service. Then home for a relaxing evening.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a couple of 4H meetings this week, co-op, and a quiet weekend ahead.

Pictures to share:


Outtakes from our family photo shoot.....




No comments:

Post a Comment