Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my son is up in the air today. As I am writing this his plane just left Denver and is on its way to Louisville, Kentucky. They will visit the Creation Museum tomorrow, then attend and compete at the National Egg and Poultry Conference. Then back home again on Friday. I am going to be having my own little adventure here at home...I am watching my friend's four youngest boys (ages 7-12), as she is the team coach and is the one taking them to Kentucky.

What I'm listening to: Chattering voices behind me, someone bounding up the stairs, and whistling sounds coming from upstairs.

What we're learning: Well we are going to be doing modified school this week....everyone has workbooks to do, plus I am planning on doing some out loud reading from our elementary science...Apologia's Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics. Pretty much just the basics.

What I'm watching: The leaves turning incredible colors outside. We are having a particularly colorful fall and the view is amazing.

What's cooking: This week I am making a Chicken Stir Fry, Spaghetti and Noodles, and Tex-Mex Pasta. Yum yum.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the opportunities that 4H has given us. The ways it has stretched and challenged my kids and the amazing things that they have been able to do have been well worth it.

What I'm praying: Today I am praying for a friend I have on the Crew....her son was in a very serious motorcycle accident last week and is having surgery today. Prayers for healing and wisdom for the doctors.

What I'm planning: I have a full bushel of apples in my garage right now....I am trying to decide what to do with them. We had Apple Crisp yesterday and I would like to do a batch of applesauce to make fruit leather with.

What we did this last weekend: We spent part of Saturday helping Mr. Lego pack for his trip. We did some things around the house and had yummy stuffed pasta shells for dinner. Sunday we heard an excellent sermon on forgiveness and then had friends over for a chili dinner. Then back to church again for evening worship.

What I'm looking forward to: With a full house, this week is going to be a fun one....I am also looking forward to hearing all about Mr. Lego's adventures.

A picture to share:



~All the munchkins, humoring me and posing for the camera....


No comments:

Post a Comment