Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it was a lovely Monday. The older two were at an Avian Team practice all day, so it was just the younger ones and me. We went to our town's Veteran's Day Parade, and then home for an afternoon of playing, reading, and watching Despicable Me. There was laundry, kitchen cleaning, and some floor interspersed as well. Dinner was Golden Winter Soup with Gruyere Toasts and now I am sitting down to plan out my 4H goat project meeting.

What I'm reading: I picked up a book by Willa Cather at the library last week titled My Antonia. I love reading O, Pioneers! and am looking forward to perusing this book.

What we're learning: This week we are finishing up a few things in co-op before our Thanksgiving break. The older ones have a segment of their chemistry DVD to watch and a Story Sequence to edit and complete. And the younger ones are starting to learn about atoms in their chemistry.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched Fiddler on the Roof. And it hit us both as quite sad this time; having three daughters and seeing haw hard life can be sometimes is sobering. But there is always joy to be found.

What's cooking: This week I am making Beef and Barley Soup, Chile Verde in the slow cooker, and a big pot of chili this weekend.

What I'm creating: I have written my last review (for a while). The Crew takes a break and won't start up until January...I have really enjoyed writing and am looking forward to starting it up again in a couple of months, Lord willing.

What I'm planning: Well the goat season is around the corner and I am planning out all of our meetings. Tomorrow night we have our first one and we are learning about the different goat breeds and goat terminology.

What we did this last weekend: We had a pretty quiet weekend. After church and Sunday School we went to a park with a couple of other families for a fun baseball game. (My friend and I were actually shocked that we hit the ball), then over to a friends house for Catch Phrase.

What I'm looking forward to: We have both our goat meeting and our club meeting tomorrow night; it will be good to get started with the animal project. Then later in the week we are getting a surprise visit from someone special, and then Friday is the last long Avian Bowl practice for the team. They leave for Kentucky next week...

A picture to share:


~Remembering and honoring those who serve our country in the military.

Comments

Popular Posts