Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is a bit cold here today. Our low was in the mid 40's and the high was in the mid 60's. I know, I am a wimp.

What I'm listening to: Chattering behind me, someone listening to a book on CD upstairs, the wind outside.

What we're learning: This week we are starting a new Bible curriculum, Bible Doctrine for Teens and Young Adults by James W Beeke. So far I am really liking it. In chemistry the younger two are learning about solids, liquids, and gases, and the older two are writing a paper on the "poor metals".

What's cooking: Tonight I made Chicken Noodle Soup, and later this week I am making a Chicken-Broccoli Casserole, Salsa Chicken in the slow cooker, and Cheesy Chicken Chowder. Lots of chicken, obviously.

What I'm buying: Well over the weekend we were making Zucchini Bread and used up the last of the sugar. So I am going to try something. I am NOT going to buy sugar until I go on my monthly shopping trip in a couple of weeks. Which means no sugar in my tea. That is pretty much the only place, besides baking, that I use white sugar. We'll see how this goes....

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for flannel sheets.

What I'm creating: I have really enjoyed using Apologia's Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics the last few weeks. And now it is time to write the review so watch for it in the next few days.

What I'm praying: I am praying for marriages of those I know, that God would work in them for His glory. I read this great blog post about marriage, titled Marriage Isn't For You. I urge you to click over and read it for yourself.

What we did this last weekend: We had a fun time playing tennis and baseball at a nearby park on Saturday. Sunday we went to church and had our fellowship meal, then off to the assisted-living center for their service. Then over the a friends for soup and Catch Phrase.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week, as usual. Plus tomorrow night is our 4H officer meeting where Mr. Lego will plan out the club meeting with all the other officers. Next weekend looks nice and quiet.

A picture to share:


~Yummy Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner.

Comments

  1. I'm thankful for flannel sheets too and the rain. It's raining right now and I love the sound of it hitting the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    The rain on the roof is a lovely sound. I enjoy bits and pieces of fall and winter, but summer is my season of choice. Have a blessed evening! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but, you lost me at "no sugar for my tea"!!!! Aaaaahhh! ;)
    Brown sugar? Powdered sugar? Honey? Molasses, if hard pressed?! :)
    Seriously. You can't go without tea. And tea oftentimes needs sweetening.
    I'm tempted to mail you some white sugar, or email Kate to bring you some. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and... our high was about 37 today, and our lows are around 20 right now.
    We're loving it. ;) And while my hubby would love for me to use flannel sheets, I would sweat all night! So yeah... no flannel sheets for me, much to hubby's chagrin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, it is a good thing, weather-wise, that you are where you are and I am here. (Even though I would LOVE to live hear you!)

    And you are too funny about the sugar! I am trying to like tea without sugar and it is just not happening. I do have some honey in the cupboard...you are right about some flavors of tea needing sweetening. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come for dinner this week? ;-) Looks like a great menu. Flannel sheets, chicken soup, zucchini bread... It, all, sounds so cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts