Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it was a busy Monday. We did school for most of the day....there were some math issues, but I was able to help the kids with it, thanks to their algebra course, No-Nonsense Algebra. Then I had some errands to run, laundry to fold, and finally, I have time to write my musings.

What I'm listening to: Right this moment? Sounds of the kids picking up and someone brushing their teeth.

What we're learning: This week I am planning a fun experiment in our co-op...we'll layer different densities of liquid (honey, oil, water, etc.) and then drop different objects into it and see where they float. The older two are learning about Ernest Rutherford in Chemistry and are writing a paper about him. And in our Together School we are doing an overview of Deuteronomy and learning about the artist Millet.

What's cooking: This week I am making Indian Lentils in the crock pot, Caesar Salad Wraps, and one of our favorites, Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas.

What I'm buying: Well today I did big shopping at Winco and Wal Mart, and survived. Tomorrow I'll hit Costco and Goodwill.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for warm socks. Today was a cooler day here, and I was enjoying my trusty wool socks.

What I'm praying: For a couple of my friend's whose family members are suffering from cancer. I am praying for healing and wisdom, but more importantly for their souls.

What I'm planning: I have some co-op planning to do, plus I have my 4H communication project meeting in a couple of weeks, so I need to lesson plan for that too.

What we did this last weekend: The older two had Avian Bowl practice and then a mock bowl at UC Davis. They were quite humbled with the results and realized that the next 5 weeks are going to be crazy busy with studying. Sunday we went to church, then to a park for a picnic and volleyball, and then over to a friends for card games.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to our co-op this week. I don't know how I could homeschool without it.

A picture to share:


~While the older two were at Davis, I watched my friend's 4 youngest boys. This is what our living room looked like....

2 comments:

  1. The picture is priceless, and I just stared at it in awe. :)
    Also, I love hearing about your week, getting glimpses into some of the big moments as well as some of the small. Beautiful moments.
    And would it make you laugh to know that our grass is currently crunchy & white with frost, my house is a chipper 59 degrees (because I haven't lit a fire yet!), and I'm *barefoot*?! Haha... maybe it's time I pull out my own pair of wool socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! Wow, 59 degrees! It is still hitting the 80's here, but down into the 40's at night...we always see how far into the winter we can get before turning on the heat. I feel like I am being wimpy this year since I already am feeling cold. Barefoot and 59 degrees!?! You are an amazing woman... :-)

    ReplyDelete