Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That 4H is in full swing. And not just stuff with our club, but the Avian Bowl team, which Mr. Lego is a part of, is getting ready for their Kentucky trip. This week we have a couple of fundraising events (car wash and hot dog dinner) plus they have a trial bowl at UC Davis.

What I'm reading: I am reading through a new book I am reviewing from Apologia: Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics. We are going to be using this in our co-op starting this week so I am busy lesson planning...

What I'm listening to: At this moment? Some Steven Curtis Chapman on Spotify.

What we're learning: This week the older two are writing a paper on x-rays, and Dasher and Nutsy are learning about ancient China in history. We are all going through an online French course right now as well.

What's cooking: This week I am making a roast chicken in the crock pot, Shepherd's Pie, and Beef Enchiladas.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful for 4H. Watching my son lead the club meeting, seeing my shy daughter get up and give a report, and seeing the joy on my children's faces when we do community service, all make me very thankful for this organization.

What I'm praying: I am praying for those that are sick right now. I know that getting sick a couple times a year is to be expected, but it can still be miserable.

What we did this last weekend: We did lots of little things around the house on Saturday....you know, those things that need to be done but just don't get done during the week. Sunday we went to church, had our fellowship meal, went to the assisted-living center, and then over to a friends for games and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to seeing how well the kids do this week as they fundraise; I am also looking forward to co-op.

A picture to share:


~Happy Birthday, Bookworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment