Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I can't believe it is going to be October next week. What happened to September?

What I'm listening to: Bookworm is practicing her piano right now. It's a lovely sound for a Monday morning.

What we're learning: This week the older kids are writing a paper about electrolysis in chemistry. Dasher has a new spelling list in Logic of English, and Nutsy is still enjoying her Reading Kingdom lessons. We are all learning about the Law and wilderness wanderings in history.

What I'm watching: The weather change. We had some rain over the weekend, and it is a tad cooler this week. Don't get me wrong; there are some things I like about fall, but my favorite season is ending....

What's cooking: This week I am making a Chicken and Black Bean Salad, Vegetable Stir Fry, and hamburgers.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for all the sunshine we get here. It makes me smile when it comes through the window in the morning.

What I'm creating: I am creating a cleaned out closet. We have a closet that is under our stairs so it is perfect for storing things. Or, in the last few months, stashing things that don't have a place in the house. So, I plan to go through it over the next week or two and do some organizing.

What I'm praying: I am praying for wisdom. Not just for myself, but for those of my friends that have teenage children. That God would guide me (and them), as we choose deliberate times to talk to our kids about heart issues, character flaws, and life ahead.

What I'm planning: Well I have my first 4H Communication Project meeting tonight. I am planning to talk about the different kinds of presentations, and do a couple of fun activities to get the kids more comfortable with public speaking.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we went to our yearly 4H fundraiser. Our grange puts on a breakfast and the kids do all the serving. There were over 300 people there and the kids were busy the whole time. Yesterday we went to church and Sunday School, then to a park with friends for a picnic lunch and fun family baseball game.

What I'm looking forward to: We have some fun stuff planned this week/weekend that I am looking forward to. I am also looking forward to co-op...our chemistry class is getting interesting.

A picture to share:


~Nutsy, making pancakes for breakfast this morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment