Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we have some very weird weather today. It is supposed to be 104 today, but right now it is 80 degrees and cloudy. The combination of cloudy and hot is unusual here....

What I'm reading: Well, I have been reading a couple of teacher manual -type books in preparation for school...Logic of English (soon to be a review), Biblioplan, and IEW seminars are on my mind.

What we're learning: We are at T-minus 2 weeks and counting to the beginning of school...I have scheduled out most of our schooling, but need to focus on co-op classes this week.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend My Sweetie and I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which I had picked up from our library. Two thoughts: very stupid movie, and our library needs new DVD's.

What's cooking: I just looked at my menu for the week and we have: Clam Chowder, (Seriously? Soup in the middle of August?) Enchiladas, and Artichoke Stuffed Pasta with Marinara Sauce.

What I'm buying: I ran out of canning jars and I am planning to freeze more tomato sauce so I need to go out and get another dozen.

What I'm praying: I am praying for friends of mine who are feeling overwhelmed. With child training, their jobs, housework, marriages....the Christian life is a hard one, and I am praying for grace and mercy as we all do our daily stuff.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we pulled out some of the old summer veggies that had quit producing, then we hit the pool for a swim. That night we had grilled chicken and a delicious Zucchini Gratin for dinner, then I bribed my family to play Speed Scrabble. Sunday we heard a convicting sermon on Matthew 7, then to the park for our final church picnic.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to seeing a dear friend this week, finishing up my school planning, and organizing the school binders. We also have a fun weekend planned next week.

A picture to share:



~My Sweetie and I.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great Monday, Charlotte! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marcia; I am glad you are blogging again! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts