Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am really loving our summer school break. Last week the kids and I took a nice long walk one morning, and I was able to freeze 10 pints of tomato sauce. Three more weeks of our break and then school starts up again....

What I'm reading: Not much. And I am not sure if I will get to reading this week. My to-do list has grown....

What I'm listening to: A quiet house. Three children are outside playing and the fourth is reading quietly on the sofa.

What we're learning: Well, we are not doing formal learning, but after a co-op meeting with my dear friend last week, I need to get hopping with the school planning.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Soup, Carnitas in the slow cooker, and a stir fry. I am also planning to go buy another 20 pounds of tomatoes to make into more freezer tomato sauce.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful for the sunshine. And here in No. CA, we get a ton of it. I love waking up to the sun in the morning, sitting in it through the day, and the beautiful sunsets.

What I'm creating: Well buckle up people, because I have 4 reviews to write in the next 11 days. Really good stuff, so stay tuned.

What I'm praying: That I would be more consistent in my daily work. Laziness and disorganization are a couple of my faults.

What I'm planning: I am planning to get together with a friend for lunch later this week, and I have my big shopping trips to do also.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we did some major organizing and cleaning up; then Sunday we were at church. After church we went to the park for some volleyball with friends, and saw some monkeys in the trees.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to getting a good chunk of my school planning done this week....which should take most of my free time. But it all pays off in September when we all know what we are doing.

A picture to share:


~The monkeys we saw at the park.....

No comments:

Post a Comment