Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we had a really great time at our church's camping trip this last week. Lots of games, yummy food, bridge jumping, lake swimming, good conversations, and great memories made.

What I'm reading: Still reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It's a hard read, but a beautiful picture of redemption.

What I'm listening to: My laundry going. I think I am on load number five right now, with at least three to go.

What I'm watching: My Sweetie and I sat down and watched an old Disney Davey Crockett movie last night. I grew up watching those and it brought back pleasant memories.

What's cooking: This week I am making a Chipotle Chicken Salad, Indian Curry in the slow cooker, and my homemade pizza Friday night.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful for the conveniences we have today. Whenever I go camping, I think of what life was like 150 years ago, with the dust, no running water, or having electrical appliances.

What I'm creating: I am thinking this week to work on our family scrapbook. The photos are just sitting there and all I need to do is put them on the pages.

What I'm planning: Later this week my co-op buddy and I are getting together to plan out our co-op year. There will only be 8 kiddos in it, but we are planning to do history, writing, and chemistry.

What we did this last weekend: We came home from our camping trip in the early afternoon on Saturday.  Then we spent Saturday afternoon and evening cleaning out the car. Yesterday we went to church and then came home afterwards for lunch. We hung out with the kids and played a few games of Clue in the afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to a quiet week. I am also looking forward to hanging out with a friend later this week. Being off school is lovely.

A picture to share:


~A bunch of cute little campers

No comments:

Post a Comment