Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we had a lovely time, as usual, on our family reunion trip this last week. We spent lots of time on the river, swimming in the pool, playing games, and just enjoying each other.

What I'm reading: My aunt let me borrow a book she recommended titled Redeeming Love by Francis Rivers. A tough but good read based on the book of Hosea.

What I'm listening to: Right this moment? John Cougar Mellencamp is playing on Spotify.

What's cooking: This week I am making tacos, chicken pasta salad, and mozzarella pesto sandwiches. Definitely summer food.

What I'm buying: In my town there is a working farm where they have a vegetable stand out in front. The use the honor system, and have price signs and a glass jar for the money. And they have the most incredible garden tomatoes, which I am planning to buy later this week.

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for the safe travels we had this last week. God is a merciful God and kept us from harm.

What I'm creating: Well, I need to get out and do some work in the garden. I have pretty much given up on the beans so they need to come out, and the eggplants never did anything either. They are taking up precious garden space and since I want to plant some things for the fall, I need to get them out. I did harvest 5 tomatoes yesterday....

What we did this last weekend: We were tubing on the river on Saturday, and a few of us tried wakeboarding. That night was our last evening of the reunion and we played a fun reunion trivia game my dad created, and then played Catch Phrase and ate popcorn until almost midnight. Fun times.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to hanging out with some church friends later this week. I am also looking forward to getting some school planning done as well.

A picture to share:


~Family Reunion 2013. We were missing a few people this year, but we all had a great time.


Comments

  1. How fun! Glad you guys had such a nice time. Also, you and your hubsband DON'T age! Jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet, Stef. I could say the same about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts