Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That being a Christian is hard work. Every day, I am reminded of my own sin and failings. But His grace is bigger and I know, that through my trials, He is sanctifying me and drawing me closer to Himself.

What I'm reading: My Sweetie recently read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and really liked it. I saw it last week at our library so I picked it up and hope to start it later today.

What I'm listening to: Laundry going, children chattering, and toys being played with behind me.

What we're learning: Well last week the older kids were madly cramming for Avian Bowl. They did compete at State Fair and Mr. Lego's team took first place in seniors, and Bookworm's team took first place in juniors. Now we finally have a bit of a 4H break....until September.

What's cooking: This week I am making Reuben Sandwiches and Clam Chowder. Yes I know it is hot out, but the Clam Chowder was a request from a sweet daughter.

What I'm thankful for: Every time I walk through the living room, I see the big sign my kids made for my birthday last week. I am so thankful for them and the love they show me; and feel sometimes a twinge of sadness since this stage in my life won't last forever.

What I'm praying: I am praying for those who I know that are struggling in their marriages. That they would cling to Christ, His perfect will, and not give up hope.

What I'm planning: Well I am thinking about planting some things for the Fall/Winter...and the time to do that is in August. Now to figure out what would do well in my climate....

What we did this last weekend: We did some things around the house and ran errands on Saturday. Then Sunday we went to church and then had some friends over for swimming, talking, and card games.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to seeing some extended family later this week; I am also looking forward to making Banana Bread this afternoon with the little girls.

A picture to share:


~At one point yesterday, we had 14 people around our table playing Up The River.....

No comments:

Post a Comment