Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is a hot one here today. Actually, the whole week is hot. We are in our fourth day of temps over 100 degrees; and for the next 4 days it is supposed to be 109 degrees or more. Then we get a break, but only down to the mid 90's. That's the Sac Valley for you.

What I'm reading: I'm still trying to get through Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, but I am having a hard time. The book is just not grabbing me. Please don't hate me.

What I'm listening to: The air conditioner running, of course. You know it is hot when it pops on in the middle of the night.

What we're learning: We have finished school up for the year; the two older ones though, have two more weeks of math, Bible, and geography to finish. I am going to pull out my Right Start Math games to do with the younger two this week and the next; those games sure make math go down a bit easier.

What's cooking: Cooking? It's crazy that I have to get into that kitchen during this heat wave but I do. This week I am making a Greek Chicken Pasta Salad, grilled chicken and a tomato gratin another night, and on the 4th of July we are doing burgers and I'm making a sun-dried tomato pasta salad to go with it.

What I'm buying: The rabbits need more shavings for their cages, and we ran out of fruit so I might pick some up when I head out later.

What I'm creating: I am trying to get a head start on our school planning for next year. Already this morning I have pulled the old books out of the schoolroom and then I went upstairs to my bookcase that holds the curriculum I am not currently using to evaluate and see what I can use.

What we did this last weekend: We had a fun Saturday....we met up with some of our friends and went wine tasting, then back to our house for fun appetizers and fellowship. Sunday we went to church and our dear friends that are visiting from NC came too. They came over to our hosue after church for the afternoon and we had a lovely time making Maki, swimming at the pool, and catching up.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a quiet 4th of July day ahead. We are planning to hang out as a family and then head over to our neighborhood block party that evening. Then the next day we head up to our friends house for our annual 4th of July party....I'm looking forward to good conversations, yummy food, and night volleyball.

A picture to share:



~The garden outside. I'm planning to write a garden post later this week.....

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo!! Look at all that growth! :D

    XO,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate!

    The Earth Boxes are making a HUGE difference. :-)

    ReplyDelete