Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That not much is going on right now, but things will be getting a little busy in the next couple of weeks. We have the 4th of July holiday and then our State Fair is the following week. We might be able to get some fundraising in for our Avian Bowl team which would be great, but it would make that week a busy one.

What I'm reading: After some encouragement from a couple of friends on Facebook, I am reading Pride and Prejudice. I hate to say it that I am not a big Jane Austen fan (gasp!) but we will see how this book goes.

What I'm listening to: I have the window open and I am listening to the rain pattering outside. We are having some weird weather system coming through so we have rain today and tomorrow, and then it is back into the 90's.

What we're learning: Our last week of school! The older ones have a few things to wrap up which will take them a couple of weeks into July but we are almost done. And let me tell you, I am ready for the break.

What's cooking: Some of the dishes I am making this week are Eggplant Parmesan, Chipotle Lime Roasted Chicken, and my experiment for the week is Grilled Chicken Mojito Sandwiches.

What I'm buying: I am planning to work on my family scrapbooking (I am only up to November 2007), and I have run out of those little sticky squares to mount paper and photos.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for all the friends God has blessed me with. Each of them bring such lovely qualities in so many different ways and I am so grateful for the grace they bring into my life.

What I'm planning: I have a review to write this week about a cool science and literature resource. Plus, I have lots of photo editing to do too.

What we did this last weekend: We had a lovely time on Saturday catching up with our friends who are visiting from North Carolina. We went to a lake and the kids played while we talked the day away. Sunday we were at church and then headed to the park for our first church picnic of the year. There was a massive softball game and the kids all played Ultimate Frisbee and of course, volleyball.

What I'm looking forward to: I an NOT looking forward to my dental visit later today.... but I am looking forward to a fun wine tasting outing this Saturday with friends. Aside from that we have a pretty quiet week as we finish up school.

Pictures to share:

I know the other adults are going to kill me, but I have to show these photos, of our friends and us, through the years.



~2001




~2007
 
 
 

 
~2013

2 comments:

  1. Love those pics!! I think it's so great that you all have been able to stay in touch and visit through the years! And I am in shock that you have not read Pride and Prejudice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! Lol, about P&P. I am having a hard time getting through it, but I am determined to read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete