Monday Musings (On Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: That the 2013 Sacramento County Fair is over. And I am so proud of my kids. They did an incredible job at the fair this year, and all placed in something.

What I'm reading: I just started reading the book A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park. I am reviewing a literature unit for this book and I am really enjoying it so far.

What I'm listening to: A very quiet house. After 70+ hours at the fair the last 6 days, most of the kids are still sleeping.

What we're learning: This week we learned how to be gracious when losing, how to help others when they need it, to be thankful when others help you, and that hard work pays off.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Nachos, Mexican Chicken Casserole, and my experiment meal of the week is Cobb Salad Tacos.

What I'm buying: I am out of lots of things today...milk, fruit, vegetables....

What I'm creating: Clean laundry. The last time I did the laundry was a week ago and I have a humongous pile of it in the hallway. I have a feeling that I am going to be doing it for a couple of days....

What we did this last weekend: We were at the fair. Saturday we invited the grandparents to come and watch Bookworm compete in junior large animal master showmanship. Then Sunday was our auction. All three of the kids sold their animals at profit.

What I'm looking forward to: A quiet week. We are taking off school at least for today, to clean and get things back in order. The calendar is empty the rest of the days, which is lovely.

Pictures to share:



~Nutsy and Thor....




~Bookworm, showing her goat Merry...





~Mr. Lego in senior showmanship with Pippin...





~Dasher showing her rabbit, May, in rabbit showmanship.

More photos to come. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts