Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my tomatoes are finally starting to grow. This is the first time I have grown them from seed and when I transplanted them into the Earth Boxes, they did not look very happy. But now they are starting to look more green and are getting bigger every time I look out there. The beans are all up, the zucchini are adding leaves, and my cucumbers are starting to climb too.

What I'm reading: I'm not really reading anything right now...just bits and pieces of books around the house but nothing in particular.

What we're learning: We are taking off school for the next two weeks. This is the first school break we have had since Christmas and we sure need it. But we are still learning...the older ones are all busy studying their rabbit and goat knowledge questions for fair.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chipotle Chicken Salad, Mediterranean Wraps, and my homemade pizza Friday night.

What I'm buying: This is my big monthly shopping week so I am making out my menu and shopping lists.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my precious children. Yesterday they made me breakfast, a homemade card, and strung beautiful paper signs in our dining room for me. I am a very blessed momma.

What I'm creating: Since we aren't doing school this week, one area of the house I want to get in and organize is our book closet. It has become the catch-all spot to put things that don't have a place. So this week I want to create an organized closet.

What I'm planning: We are planning to work a lot with the goats this week...this is the final push before fair so the kids are busy working with them and getting them to walk and brace correctly.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday was a crazy day....we went and sheared 7 goats. We not only sheared our market goats but also helped the other people in our project shear their dairy goats. Then that evening we had some fun visitors...the cousins from Oregon were on their way down south and stopped by for the night. Sunday we went to church, then home for games, popcorn, and a relaxing afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: Later this week our co-op is going to tour the Kikkoman soy sauce factory and we are planning a couple art projects to do that day as well. I am also looking forward to our fair starting in just a little over a week....even though it gets pretty busy it is still lots of fun.

A picture to share:




~ Saturday evening in the pool with the cousins....






~Silly kiddos....


No comments:

Post a Comment