Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we are T-minus 16 days to the start of our county fair. Our rabbits are growing, the goats are getting better with their training, and I'm brainstorming decoration ideas and helping the kids with their knowledge questions.

What I'm listening to: Right now I have some Steven Curtis Chapman on: "...As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you, cause He made you to do every  little thing that you do...."

What we're learning: This is the last week of school before we take off for a couple of weeks for fair stuff. We are finishing up Genesis in our Bible curriculum, The older two have a 3 paragraph paper due in their IEW work, and I am determined to finish reading aloud to all of them My Family and other Animals by Gerald Durrell.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched Burt Lancaster in Birdman of Alcatraz. Such an interesting movie.

What's cooking: This week I am making Curried Egg Sandwiches, Beef Chili, and Ginger Peanut Chicken Wraps.

What I'm buying: Well the kids went out this morning to feed the cat and we fed him the last bit in the bag. So I am headed out later to buy the little cat-food-sucker some more.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my friends. We can cry together, laugh, encourage one another, and learn from each other as we are growing in grace.

What I'm creating: The theme for our county fair this year is, "Let's eat, have fun, and celebrate the red white and blue." We usually decorate our areas, so I am thinking of some fun patriotic d├ęcor to use around the goat stalls.

What I'm praying: For a friend of mine, whose mother-in-law is in the hospital with complications from an appendectomy. That the doctors would have wisdom and she would heal quickly.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we went to a goat clinic where we learned lots about showing goats. Then home and a trip out to the river for some rock wading. Sunday we went to church and then enjoyed our Sunday School class, where we are learning about the Canons of Dort. We had our fellowship meal, then the assisted living center service, then home for fun and fellowship with friends.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our last poultry and 4H leadership meeting of the year this week. And then next week I am looking forward to taking a bit of time off from school.

Pictures to share:


~Eggs from my friend's chickens for our Curried Egg Sandwiches tonight....




~My homemade bread...

2 comments:

  1. Your homemade bread looks great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! Have a lovely week! :-)

    ReplyDelete