Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is blustery, windy day here today. Things are blowing around and on our bike ride this morning, we saw lots of debris on the trails. I was going to put my tomatoes out in the sun for a couple of hours to let them harden, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

What I'm reading: The last thing I read was our county fair handbook. I am trying to decipher it so I know what we are registering for...

What we're learning: This week the older two are doing a literature unit on the book we are finishing up, My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell. Dasher is learning about astronauts and comets in her unit study, and Nutsy is loving a new math facts computer game I am reviewing.

What's cooking: Last November I bought a smaller turkey when they were all on sale so this week I am making a turkey dinner. We'll eat  that for a couple of nights, plus I'm planning to make turkey soup with the leftovers. Other things I am planning to make? Honey Garlic Chicken in the crockpot, and enchiladas with green rice.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the house I live in. It is small, but the plus to that is that it is easy to clean.

What I'm praying: I am praying for a couple people in our church that are struggling with health problems, and for the friends I know who are expecting little ones.

What I'm planning: I have got a couple of reviews coming up...one is a great online science resource and the other is a literature study unit on the book Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

What we did this last weekend: We did some things around the house and worked outside, trimming the bushes and spraying the roses. Sunday we went to church, had our fellowship meal, and then over to the assisted living center for the service. Then back to our house with friends.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our 'fun' 4H meeting tomorrow and our club is going to a big jump place for an hour. Then we have co-op on Wednesday, and at least one more trip out to visit our goats this week. Next Saturday I plan to get out and plant most of my garden...

A picture to share:

~Our Sunday....

Dasher's Sunday School presentation during our fellowship meal...




Some of the kids, at the service at the assisted living center....





Greeting the residents.....





Afternoon flag football game....

No comments:

Post a Comment