Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That the weather we are having right now is my kind of weather. Pretty much every day for the next ten days is over 90 degrees. I love it.

What I'm reading: I picked up a book at the library titled Consider the Fork: A History of How We Cook and Eat by Bee Wilson. And after reading the first part I am so glad I don't live in the Middle Ages!

What we're learning: This week we are doing some catch up work in Literature and Bible....I have gone through the older ones' workbooks and they need to do some corrections. We also have co-op this week and are looking forward to studying more about Ancient Egypt in history.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched Humphrey Bogart in Treasure of the Sierra Madre. We need to watch that one with the kids sometime....

What's cooking: Tonight I am making Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowls for dinner. Other things I am making? Oven barbequed chicken, grilled Panini's, and Chicken Adobo in the crock pot.

What I'm creating: Well, once again we are missing a couple of library books so we are going through the kids rooms in the next couple of days. I guess I am trying to create organization....

What I'm praying: That as my children grow in age, that I would adjust my parenting and my relationship with them, and that God would give me wisdom and grace to do it.

What we did this last weekend: We had a nice relaxing Saturday...we finished up our planting and got the cucumbers and the rest of the tomatoes into their spots in the garden. Then we all went for a fun swim at the pool and enjoyed chicken Caesar salad for dinner. Yesterday we were at church and Sunday school, then back home for a relaxing afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: 4H stuff is starting to take over...we are in the process of getting our auction letters out to the buyers, and then we have a goat workshop this Saturday the kids are involved in. We are also selling food to raise money for our avian bowl team to go to nationals so it is going to be a busy day.

A picture to share:




~Our Sunday afternoon meal....Gyoza, miso, California maki, and snow peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment