Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: It's really almost 4pm already? My Monday Musings post took a backseat today to a good school day, piles of laundry, school room organizing, and kitchen cleaning. I do have my priorities...

What I'm reading: I started reading the second book in the Hornblower series, Lieutenant Hornblower, by CS Forester. It's a great story.

What we're learning: We started a new Bible book today titled The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study by Starr Meade, and so far the kids and I are loving it. Dasher is still working through her Astronomy unit study...today she laid items out on a black piece of construction paper in the sun to show how powerful the sun is. And in science we are finishing up the chapter on blood.

What's Cooking: Tonight I am making Fish Tacos, my crock pot meal for the week is Pesto Chicken and sweet potatoes, and this weekend I am making Korean Beef (Bulgogi) and Chapchae.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for the many books we have. I love collecting them, and it is a joy to see my children pick one off the shelf and read.

What I'm praying: I'm praying for those right now that are struggling with sickness. That they would heal quickly and without complications.

What I'm planning: I'm planning a couple of blog posts in the near future...one of them is about the delicious dish my mother-in-law made for us last week, Maze Gohan.

What we did this last weekend: We went to sectional presentation day at UC Davis...My Sweetie and I both had a fun time judging. Bookworm got a gold for her presentation, and Mr. Lego competed in the interview competition and got a gold too. Sunday we went to church and then over to a friend's house for lunch, fellowship, and games.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our poultry meeting tonight, and co-op this week also. Next weekend looks like a quiet one...

A picture to share:


~ The kids in their whites at sectionals....

Comments

  1. Have you watched our Hornblower movies?

    Love the whites photo!

    :) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I need to borrow them again. We are slowly watching through them with the kids and we only have the first four. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts