Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: It is another week. We might get a little rain here tomorrow, but it is mostly in the mid 70's this week, which I hope should motivate me to get outside and get the rest of our garden ready.

What we're learning: This week the older two are going to start studying the book Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe in literature, while the younger two are learning about stars, the sun, and the universe in their unit study. We have co-op this week, and the three older ones are starting to study questions on rabbit knowledge for 4H.

What I'm watching: My little seedlings are coming up! Every one of my Romas came up, more than half of the Beefsteak tomatoes, the basil is coming up too, but only 3 eggplants so far. We also started lettuce and chives outside, and they are peeking up too.

What's cooking: This week I am making a fun dish that the kids like called Tex-Mex Pasta, another day I'm making Salsa Chicken in the crock-pot, and next weekend I'm making Sukiyaki.

What I'm buying: We went to our library's used book sale over the weekend...I found 2 Cooking Light annual recipe books, and an old Frugal Gourmet cookbook too. The kids found some good ones as well...I think we got about 20 books for around $12.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the freedom we have in this country to choose how to educate our children. And I am so thankful for those around me who encourage and help me through our homeschooling journey.

What I'm creating: I need to lesson plan for my part in our co-op; we are going through IEW's Student Writing Intensive. So far I have been pretty impressed with the writing assignments that the kids have been handing into me.

What we did this last weekend: We had a busier Saturday...the girls and I went to a baby shower for a friend from our church, we went to our library's used book sale after that, and then out to the goat farm so the older two could buy their market goats. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then to a friend's house for lunch.

What I'm looking forward to: We have two 4H meetings this week; one of them is a county-wide rabbit meeting and Mr. Lego and Bookworm are helping to lead it....they'll be talking about fair and how to get ready for all the competitions. I am also looking forward to co-op this week; I am very blessed by my homeschooling friends.

A picture to share:





~Spring is almost here....

No comments:

Post a Comment