Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I can't believe it is going to be March this week. I love getting January and February behind me, but it seems that every year goes faster than the last. It also feels like spring is right around the corner...

What I'm reading: I changed my mind about the book I am going to read aloud to the kiddos....Now I am reading My Family And Other Animals by Gerald Durrell. This well written book is a humorous glimpse at the author's childhood in Greece with his family, and of course all the animals he befriends. I am totally loving this book so far. 

What we're learning: This is the last week the older children have to work on their 4H presentations. I am starting a mew music curriculum with all three girls, we are learning about health and nutrition in science, and the older two are studying The Hobbit in literature.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched a couple of Sherlock Holmes films...the old ones with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. It cracks me up the way they talked back then...."Why hello, old girl...." Why would anyone want to be called old girl?

What's cooking: This week I am making Butternut-Kale Lasagna, Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole, and then Apricot Chicken in the crockpot. Bookworm is having another cooking lesson this week and is going to make Clam Chowder.

What I'm buying: Well two of my kids just got their Polish rabbits....we now have 3....a black one, a chocolate, and a ruby-eyed white. This means that they can all start practicing showmanship for fair.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to give me patience and grace as I teach, train, direct, and guide my precious children.

What I'm planning: Well I have 3 reviews I need to write in the next couple of weeks, writing papers to correct for co-op, and the March poultry meeting to plan. It seems to never end....

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we went out to a goat farm and the kids picked out their market goats. They are not yet weaned so we are planning to actually go get them in the middle of March. Yesterday we went to church and Sunday school, then over to a friend's house for a relaxing afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: This afternoon a dear friend is coming over with her children for tea and scones and I am looking forward to that. And this next weekend is our county presentation day and my Sweetie and I are both looking forward to judging.

A picture to share:






~Co-op last week: The Littles working on their earth science lapbooks...

Comments

Popular Posts