Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our 4H stuff is starting to take over things. The older two kids went to Avian Bowl this last week and both won in their divisions. We are very close to buying our goats, Presentation Day is a couple of weeks away, and this is the week to breed rabbits for fair. Busy times, but good learning times.

What I'm reading: I need to get back into reading aloud to my kids. So this week I am going to start reading Booth Tarkington's Penrod to them.

What we're learning: This week and next week the older two need to focus on their 4H presentations; Bookworm's is titled Show Me The Rabbit and is about rabbit showmanship, and Mr. Lego's is titled This Little Goat Went To Market, and is about purchasing, training, and fitting a market goat for the fair.

What's cooking: This week I am making Baked Potato Soup, Southwestern Wraps and Beef Tacos for dinner. The Baked Potato Soup is one of my kid's favorite meals and super easy to make.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for a day off. Today is President's Day, and my Sweetie is home. We are planning a relaxing day with a nice walk, a yummy dinner of maki, and maybe a movie tonight with the kids.

What I'm creating: Over the weekend My Sweetie and I were trying to remember how we had celebrated all of our anniversaries. Some of them we just went  to dinner, other we went away for a couple of days. This week I want to look through my journals/blog posts and write out what we have done over the years.....good times and good memories.

What I'm planning: My review writing season is starting back up again...I have a couple of math reviews to write in the next couple of weeks.

What we did this last weekend: The older two were gone to Avian Bowl so it was just our younger girlies and a friend (who stayed with us while her siblings were gone to the Avian thing too). We took them to the park Saturday, the day where the high was 70 degrees. (Yay! Spring is coming!) Yesterday we went to church and Sunday school, then home for a relaxing afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: I am meeting a friend for coffee later this week which I am looking forward to. We have co-op this week, a 4H meeting, and this weekend I think we will be going to a goat farm to see what they have.

Pictures to share:




 ~Another fun Pinterest idea....Saturday morning we put pancake batter in a squirt bottle and we all made our own creations. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your Monday Musings. They always inspire me to try things. I need to try the pancakes in a squirt bottle. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebekah! The squirt bottle pancake mix was my kind of Pinterest...not hard at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete