Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That today just flew. I know I normally write my Monday Musings in the morning, but we had a few things we needed to get done, lots of school, loads of laundry, errands.....and I kept putting it off, and off.....well you do know that writing posts on my blog are not at the top of my to-do list. But I will post it by midnight tonight!

What I'm reading: The last thing I read was the California Driver's Handbook with my son. We are going over it like mad and studying for when he goes in for the permit test.

What I'm listening to: The kids turned on the Return of the King soundtrack....and Into the West was just playing. I love that song.

What we're learning: This week we are moving onto the digestive system in anatomy. The older two have papers due this Wednesday in our co-op writing class, and I am doing a modified version of writing for the younger two. I am also reviewing two different math curriculums that the younger two are each doing and they are having fun working through the computer/worksheet/ manipulatives.

What's cooking: This week I am making a chicken stir fry, Chicken Corn Chowder, and Falafels.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for sanctification. Which at times is a really hard thing to say. Our sovereign God uses all sorts of things, even things that are painful, to make us more like Him.

What I'm planning: We are planning to get our goats for 4H pretty soon. The busy spring season is approaching...

What we did this last weekend: I spent most of Saturday morning doing school planning...every couple of weeks I fill in all the kids weekly schedules in advance, make sure any necessary worksheets are printed, and correct all their old work. My Sweetie took the kids to the park and they all had a blast playing basketball. Sunday we went to church and heard a convicting sermon on forgiveness, then off to our outreach at the assisted living center. Then home for games with our friends.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a 4H meeting this week, a couple of appointments, and just the normal stuff, which keeps us busy.

A picture to share:





~Celebrating 16 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment