Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am so not a morning person. Seriously, it takes me at least 45 minutes to even be able to get coherent thoughts going in my brain, no matter how much coffee or tea (usually tea) I consume.

What I'm reading: Thank you to everyone who gave me book suggestions last week! We missed our library run last week but I now have a list of books I am going to try to find when we go later this week.

What we're learning: It's back to school today. The older two are continuing to learn about writing in their new writing class, Dasher is doing an online math course, and we are all learning about the muscular system in anatomy.

What I'm watching: Yes, we watched bits and parts of the Super Bowl yesterday...it turned out to be a pretty good game, even though our team lost. We don't usually watch the commercials, but did catch the Ram/Farmer one which I really liked.

What's cooking: This week I am making Split Pea Soup, Chicken and Leek Stroganoff, and Beef Tacos. Bookworm is cooking for us one night and making Lasagna.

What I'm buying: Last week we finally found our presentation boards for 4H....our local dollar store did not have any this year and so I was shopping around trying to find the best deal. And the best place turned out to be Michaels.

What I'm praying: A couple of my friends are going through some difficult trials; I am praying for peace and comfort as well as wisdom and grace.

What I'm planning: I am planning our poultry meeting for this week; I have thought up a game to help the kids remember the steps of showmanship. And I also need to schedule out our writing class for co-op.

What we did this last weekend: My Sweetie and I had some time to get away just by ourselves which was lovely. Saturday we got some things done around the house, then pulled out the deep fryer to make some fun munchies for our dinner. Yesterday we went to church and Sunday school, and then visited with friends during our monthly fellowship meal. Then home for homemade pizza, basketball playing, and football watching.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to getting back into school this week. I am also looking forward to going into the kitchen in a minute and making more tea. 

A picture to share:





~Part of our fun dinner Saturday night. Any guesses as to what we were making?

2 comments:

  1. Is that burgers and potato skins for dinner? It's covered with cheese, and that would be good enough for me!

    Dropping by to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award: http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guess Kym....we were trying to copy the Squeeze Inn's burgers, where you put melted cheese over the burgers and then steam them with ice. I am going to blog about it more this week....and anything with cheese tastes great!

    Thanks for the award nominee...I actually got awarded it about a month ago and never "accepted" it....that is another thing that I need to put on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete