Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am kind of in a blogging slump right now. Besides my Monday Musings, I haven't really blogged about anything else for a while. Ideas, anyone?

What I'm reading: I'm still reading Jacques Pepin's autobiography, and I picked up one of Ina Garten's cookbooks at the library last week too. I guess I'm in some sort of a cooking/chef mood....

What we're learning: This week in school we are starting to learn about the skeletal system in anatomy, and the older three are working on outlines and paragraphs in their new writing course. Dasher is trying out a new online math program that I am reviewing, and Nutsy is still working through the IEW's Primary Arts of Language.

What's cooking: This week I am making Garlic Chicken with Green Beans one night, Clam Chowder another night, and on co-op day, my slow cooker Indian feast.

What I'm buying: We ran out of eggs yesterday which is not a good thing. That is mainly what we eat for breakfast here, so I am out to the store later to get more.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for wool socks. Costco had some really good ones that I bought a few months ago, and they have really been helping to keep me warm this winter.

What I'm creating: Well, I am helping my kids with their 4-H presentations this week. They have written them already, and now this week will start to work on the visual boards they will use. Mr. Lego's is about getting a market goat ready for the fair, Bookworm's is on rabbit showmanship, and Dasher is going to do her presentation on caring for rabbits.

What we did this last weekend: We did little things around the house on Saturday, then made a yummy Japanese dinner. Sunday we went to church and then afterwards over to our friends house, where she has a little farm. The kids had fun playing with the goats, chickens and pigs; and the adults had fun watching them, talking and eating munchies. Then home last night for a relaxing evening.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a quiet week ahead...which I am looking forward to, since I have some things to do around the house that have been bugging me.

A picture to share:





~My babies....6 years ago. Bookworm - 7yrs., Nutsy - 18 mo., Dasher - 6 yrs., Mr. Lego - 10 yrs. Time is going way too fast...I so miss them like this.

Comments

  1. I think you should do a blog post about the kids' presentations for co-op this week! :D

    Love this photo of them!!

    XO,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a really good idea! I am going to do that.... had SO much fun with you yesterday. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts