Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am ready to move to Florida. I really think I would do well there; this last week our temperature high has only been in the low to mid 40's, and the nighttime temps have been in the teens and twenties. I know I am a big wimp, but I get so cold!

What I'm reading: I began reading a new book to the kids last week that a dear friend is letting me borrow; the title is Grandpa's Box and it is written by Starr Meade. The ongoing story retells the Biblical story of redemption and give sound doctrine for young ones. So far we are really liking it.

What I'm listening to: The dishwasher doing its thing in the kitchen. Of course a child, who shall remain unnamed, was supposed to start it up last night before bed. But they forgot, so it's running this morning.

What we're learning: I have finished all my prep work, so this week the older two (maybe older three) will be starting IEW Student Writing Intensive. We are actually going to be watching the lessons in our co-op and doing the daily work through the week. The older ones have history papers due, I'm starting a new lesson in spelling with Nutsy, and Dasher is starting a new Explode the Code book.

What's cooking: I start a new monthly menu this week; things we'll be eating this week are Moroccan Chicken with Lentils in the crock-pot, Roasted Tomato Sauce with Italian Sausage, and Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup.

What I'm buying: It's time again for my monthly shopping trips, so I'm off later this week to get out the Trader Joe's, Wal Mart, Winco, and Costco.

What I'm praying: I am praying for those we know that might need more employment or more work. I'm praying that God would give them wisdom and mercy as they make decisions and trust in Him.

What I'm planning: I have a review that is due in a couple of days for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine; it's a fun Spanish resource for homeschoolers. It's pretty much written, but I'm planning to put the finishing touches on it today.

What we did this last weekend: We got up bright and early Saturday morning and drove an hour and a half to go to a rabbit show, where our cute little Polish rabbit got 2nd and 3rd. They also had showmanship (which made going to this show worth it), and Mr. Lego and Bookworm tied for 5th place. For the first time ever Dasher did individual showmanship (where you are standing all alone before the judge while everyone watches you), and even though she did not place, she did a great job. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then home for a relaxing afternoon and yummy Tostadas. Last night we played a couple of games with the kids: a couple of rounds of Wits and Wagers, and then we played a new game the grandparents gave us, Qwirkle.

What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow we are going with our co-op to a local art museum, where the Art of Norman Rockwell is on exhibition. He is one of my favorite artists so I am looking forward to that. We have a rabbit 4-H meeting, our regular co-op meeting, and Bookworm has an eye appointment later this week.

Pictures to share:


 ~The big room where the rabbit show was...without heat, of course.


 ~Waiting for their turn in showmanship....




~Passing the time with a friendly card game.

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking with that many rabbits in one place, I'd rather have the cold! LOL

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a new follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Mary! I guess someone said that with all those people in there, we got the temperature to go up about 10 degrees. Have a lovely week! :-)

    ReplyDelete