Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our first school day has been a bit slower than I wanted, but the kids still did all the things on their lists. It is always hard to come back to school and we slowly eased back into our schedule today.

What I'm reading: At the library last week I found a book I am reading Jacques Pepin The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen. He is one of my favorite chefs and I am looking forward to reading his autobiography.

What we're learning: This week it is back to school. I have changed a couple of things; our writing program came to an end so I am starting IEW with the older two. We also finished studying the planets in our co-op, so I am going to begin Apologia's Astronomy.

What's cooking: This week I am making Cheddar Chicken Chowder, Tostadas, and Lettuce Wraps. I have been having Bookworm cook a complete meal every couple of weeks, so this week she will be making us a chicken and broccoli casserole with rice and a salad.

What I'm buying: One of the fun things we do in our co-op is make a communal lunch. This week we are all bringing things for a taco bar so I need to head out and buy some lettuce and olives for my contribution.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful that so far this year we have not succumbed to colds and flu. I know it is bound to happen, but I am thankful that we have been reasonably healthy so far.

What I'm creating: I'm lesson planning for our 4-H poultry meeting tonight....we'll be talking about caring for birds and going over poultry showmanship.

What I'm planning: I've got some research and learning to do about the writing curriculum I am starting, plus some 4-H planning and deciding.

What we did this last weekend: We spent Saturday doing things around the house, and then My Sweetie took the kids to play basketball at the park. That evening we got together with friends for an Asian dinner which was very yummy. Yesterday was our busy Sunday, with church, Sunday school, fellowship meal, our service at the assisted-living center, then fellowship at our friends home. A long, yet profitable day.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a couple of 4-H meetings this week, dental appointments (not really looking forward to those), and a rabbit show we are going to this Saturday. I am looking forward to getting back into school.

A picture to share:





~Our library book bags, ready to go back to the library......


1 comment:

  1. We so enjoyed Saturday night with you all, and I loved rolling out a few maki. I am inspired to try it myself!

    Love,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete