Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Christmas is in two weeks. My, how time is flying. I have a couple of cookie recipes I want to try next week, and I'll be making my salted caramels too. Last week our family drew names for our Secret Servant, and this coming Sunday evening we have our annual Scripture reading and caroling night.

What I'm reading: I finished One Thousand Gifts last week. I'm not quite sure what I'll read next....I was looking at my sidebar with the list of books I want to read and deciding....

What I'm listening to: Chattering in the kitchen, the shower going upstairs, the heater coming on.

What we're learning: This is our last week of school before we take off for Christmas. The older two have papers due in co-op, and have a science test at the end of the week. Dasher is moving along and finished two books last week; an Explode the Code level and a Rod & Staff math unit. Nutsy and I are working through the IEW PAL lessons, nice and slow, so I make sure she is getting it. And with the fun games we play, she is loving it.

What's cooking: This week I am making Spaghetti and Meatballs, a skillet dinner with chicken, orzo and spinach, and on my co-op day, the day when making dinner is a bit harder, I'm making Carnitas in the slow cooker.

What I'm buying: I am looking through things to buy online....a family friend of ours just started a new website where their kids are putting stuff up for sale that they have made.....they have handmade glass items (made in their kiln), handmade wooden bowls, books, and wool socks (from their own angora goats, which they spun and knit). I am having to restrain myself....

What I'm creating: During this break from writing reviews I need to plan out the next semester of school work; especially our science curriculum (Apologia Astronomy) and Bible (God's Great Covenant). School scheduling never ends.....

What I'm praying: For wisdom and patience for myself and other moms out there who have teenagers. It is such delicate balance....they are becoming adults and need to make their own decisions, but they still need guidance....

What we did this last weekend: We braved the cold and went out to a pretty spot with another family to take our annual photos Saturday afternoon. Then back home with them for a fun evening of fellowship. Yesterday we heard a sermon on Mt. 6 and then our last Sunday School class going through Paul Tripp's DVD series on marriage What Did You Expect? This was one of the best marriage seminars I have heard....lots of good stuff and I highly recommend it. Sunday afternoon we went over to a friends home with a couple of other families for lunch.


What I'm looking forward to: We have a pretty quiet week ahead...this weekend we have a fun Christmas party to go to, and I am looking forward to having a break from school.

Pictures to share:

~Outtakes from our photo shoot.....



No comments:

Post a Comment