Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That this time next week our house will look like Christmas. It all happens in a flurry, the day after Thanksgiving, courtesy of my children.

What I'm reading: I'm still reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp; with her interesting writing style I am having to read through it slow.

What we're learning: We are taking this week off of school....yay! I need the break and I am sure the kids do too.

What I'm watching: The sun peek through the clouds today. We had a rainy last few days, with chances of rain here and there in the coming days. Fire/hot tea/warm socks weather for sure.

What's cooking: Aside from having turkey, sausage and cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole and sweet potatoes this week, we are also having Enchiladas and Cumin Fish Curry.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for the beauty of creation. The Autumn trees, big white clouds, and leaves on the ground remind me of our incredible God.

What I'm planning: To go later this morning and pass out food at a nearby food bank with our 4H group. The children really enjoy being able to serve this way.

What we did this last weekend: We did some cleaning around the house on Saturday. Sunday we went to church and heard a convicting Sunday school class on marriage and grace. Then we had 36 people over in our 1450 square foot house to celebrate a couple of birthdays. A very fun afternoon. Then back for evening service and a message on Daniel.

What I'm looking forward to: Later this afternoon I am meeting up with a friend for coffee, then tomorrow morning we have a fun goat meeting. Then My Sweetie is home for the rest of the week, and my mother-in-law is coming for Thanksgiving.

A picture to share:


My kitchen yesterday....everyone lining up for the taco bar.



Some of the 26 kiddos, eating in the garage.




I think this is a record...we fit all 11 adults around our table.




Celebrating 50 years for two geezers men.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sorry to have missed this event, but life gets in the way sometimes! :)

    Love you,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hear you, dear friend. And exactly what I was thinking Sunday. :-) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete