Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: We are taking off a day of school today (our first day off in 11 weeks), then 4 more days of school before taking off all of Thanksgiving week. I am looking forward to the break.

What I'm reading: At our library last week I found Ann Voskamps' One Thousand Gifts. A lot of people I know have read this book and liked it, and so I want to see what I think of it.

What I'm listening to: The heater running! Yes, it was a cold week here so we finally turned it on.

What we're learning: This week we are finishing the Apologia Bible curriculum we started way back in July. I am not quite sure what to do next...any ideas about a Reformed Bible curriculum for middle school-age children?

What's cooking: This week I am planning to make Cheesy Chicken Chowder (perfect for a cold day), an Indian feast another night (with Butter Chicken, Avial, Samosas, and chutneys), and Baked Potato Soup another. I am totally in winter cooking mode with all the soups!

What I'm buying: Our kids clean off the table, wash/load the dishes, and put everything away each night. One of my helpers accidentally dropped my 8x11 glass pan on our tile floor, so I need to go out and get another one. One of the very few teeny-tiny downsides to having my children help out in the kitchen.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for music. So many times during the week I am comforted, cheered, and sobered by beautiful songs.

What I'm creating: My Thanksgiving menu. Every year I think I am going to change things up a bit but then I realize how much I love the traditional foods I serve every year and chicken out.

What I'm praying: That I would remember Christ's unconditional love for me, and give that same kind of love to those around me.

What we did this last weekend: We did little things around the house on Saturday. Sunday morning one of our OPC missionaries gave a convicting sermon, then shared about his ministry in Uganda. One of the many things I love about our church - every now and then we get to meet the missionaries in our denomination, see what they are doing, and how we can pray for them. After church we had a restful afternoon, then the grandparents came in time for dinner. We spent the evening playing Cocktails, Up The River, and talking.

What I'm looking forward to: Our town's Veteran's day parade is later this morning, and then we are going to take grandpa and grandma to Apple Hill today. The fall color is spectacular right now...

A picture to share:



~So I don't sew too much, but before last Friday I had never seen an empty spool of thread. I wouldn't have minded so much, but as you can see by the twisted laundry on the floor...it had gone through the dryer with a load and knotted everything together. Just another Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Your Indian feast sounds good! I am making baked potato soup this week, too. :-) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete