Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: I just stepped outside and it is a bit chilly out there. The internet says it is 54 degrees right now and that is cold to me. This week we are in the mid to high 70's with the 80's coming back this weekend. I do enjoy the warmer weather, but love the coming fall.

What I'm reading: I am reading a short book aloud to the kids this week about World War II called Twenty and Ten by Claire Huchet Bishop. So far, we really like it.

What I'm listening to: Bookworm is trying, with a determined heart, to play the Gloria Patri on the piano. Most of the notes are right...

What we're learning: This week I am continuing on with Nutsy's new reading/writing program; there was a bit of prep work in the beginning, but it is flowing nicely now. The older two have finished reading Treasure Island in their literature course, and are now studying specific parts of the book. And Dasher is having fun using a new curriculum on the computer that teaches spelling and reading comprehension.

What's cooking: This week I am making Indian Curry in the slow cooker, Chicken with Mustard Sauce, and because it is getting a little cooler, Split Pea Soup.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for my cup of Red Rose tea right now. I drink tea every morning and am comforted by every sip.

What I'm creating: I need to complete the forms to send to the DMV for Mr. Lego's drivers training; I can't believe this is upon us!

What I'm praying: That I would give up my treasures; the things that I am selfish about. And not the material things, but the things deep down that I think matter and that I think too much about.

What we did this last weekend: We did some work around the house on Saturday then celebrated Bookworm's 13th birthday. Sunday we went to church and then after our fellowship meal we went to our monthly service at the assisted living center. Then home with friends for hymn singing and games.

What I'm looking forward to: I don't have any reviews due this week so I am looking forward to a not-so-busy afternoon today; maybe I'll have time to do some photo editing and camera playing-around.

Pictures to share:

Celebrating Bookworm....



 She wanted a night of roller blading at the park.




The boys playing tennis...



 The birthday girl. (Notice the newly pierced ears.)

No comments:

Post a Comment