Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is really dark now in the mornings. I biked with my Sweetie 4 times last week, and each morning it seemed darker. Aside from that I am loving the exercise I am getting.

What I'm reading: I started reading a new book to the kids last week; The Voyages of Doctor Doolittle by Hugh Lofting. They are really enjoying it and I love getting back into reading regularly to them.

What we're learning: This week we have a Fall break with our co-op; this is giving all the kids time to prepare their presentations for history which they'll give in early November. We are also getting a head start with our 4H presentations which are due in February...Mr. Lego is doing his on meat goats, Bookworm will do something about rabbits, and Dasher is still undecided.

What I'm watching: The Giants win the World Series last night. It was an exciting last game and we all piled into our room upstairs to watch it.

What's cooking: This week I am making Gyros in the crock pot one night, Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas another, and Beef Bok Choy Hot Pot this weekend. Bookworm has been making bread lately and want to try to make sandwich wheat bread this week.

What I'm creating: I have 3 more reviews to write and then I am done for the year! I do enjoy writing, but I'm looking forward to a break.

What I'm praying: Today I am praying for those people I know that need employment; that the Lord would continue to supply their needs and give them wisdom.

What I'm planning: I am madly planning our poultry project...it is challenging to plan out a project that you don't know much about, but don't I do that all the time in homeschooling? So far I think I have the whole first meeting figured out, where we'll be learning all about the parts of a bird.

What we did this last weekend: We did some work around the house on Saturday; I cleaned some of the cabinet fronts in our kitchen, and cleaned the stove and microwave. Fun, fun, fun. Yesterday we went to church and Sunday school, then a few of us went to a nearby park for our Reformation Day party.

What I'm looking forward to: We are visiting with friends later today, and then it looks like we'll be having a quiet week this week. With the dark mornings I am also looking forward to switching our clocks backwards an hour this weekend.

A picture to share:


~ A gaggle of children at our Reformation Day party yesterday....

Comments

Popular Posts