Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: I am starting to think about a winter garden. We have mild winters here so the girls and I are thinking to plant some beets, broccoli, spinach, onions, and lettuce. And since I don't feel like I am that great of a gardener and have never tried to do it in the winter, we are not going to sink much money into this project and plant with seeds.

What I'm reading: Just little things here and there....my kids are bugging me to read the Harry Potter series and so I might start that this week.

What I'm listening to: Mr. Lego turned on our online music and right now we are listening to One Republic. The bird is chirping and the laundry is going upstairs.

What we're learning: I am starting a new reading/writing/spelling curriculum with Nutsy this week that I am really excited about....a new product from IEW that I am reviewing and looks like it might be a good fit.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched Rain Man. Dustin Hoffman does an incredible job of acting in that movie.

What's cooking: This week I am making Moroccan Chicken in the crock pot, lentil soup another day, and a birthday dinner for someone special this weekend. And later today I am going to try to make PW's granola bars...I love making my own granola and she makes these bars look so easy.

What I'm praying: I am praying for a couple mommas I know that are expecting. That the Lord would give them strength, peace, and healthy babies.

What I'm planning: I need to plan out my co-op lesson for this week....we are starting to learn about the circle of fifths and I need to think of a fun way to teach this.

What we did this last weekend: We did work around the house on Saturday. Sunday we went to church and then to Sunday school, then afterwards we went to a park with some friends for volleyball. Then over to their house for a soup dinner, hymn singing, and good conversations.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a 4-H leadership meeting this week, co-op, and then this weekend we are celebrating a birthday in our family. And I will be the mother of two teenagers....

A picture to share:





~Volleyball on a Sunday afternoon with friends.


Comments

Popular Posts