Saturday, October 6, 2012

Birthday Quiz - Bookworm

Today, I am the mother of two teenagers. Like I said on Facebook earlier, the score in our family is now Adults=2, Teenagers=2, Under 12=2. The score is even.

Yes, my eldest daughter is 13. And to commemorate her birthday, I thought I would ask her my birthday quiz questions, the same ones I asked Mr. Lego and Nutsy on their birthdays.




What is your favorite food?
 I like Steak, Cheesy Sausage Pasta, and Lasagna.
(And today we are having steak for her birthday dinner.)


What do you not like eating?
Mushrooms, eggplant, sweet potatoes, zucchini, olives, and sprouts.
(So this girl could have kept going with the list; she did ask me how many things I wanted her to put down.)




How about your favorite color?
Red and purple.


What is your favorite subject in school right now?
Spanish. I like learning a different language.




What are you looking forward to this year?
The county fair. I like working with the animals and doing showmanship.
(She LOVES the fair. And does such a good job with the animals too.)


What do you enjoy doing most?
I like crocheting and reading books, drinking tea and listening to audio books.
(And for the record I have observed her both crocheting and reading a book at the same time.)




Where is your favorite place to be?
In my room, crocheting and listening to books. Right now I am listening to Harry Potter.
(That is where we find her most of the time. I have to give her time limits for hanging out in her room.)

What is one of your favorite memories from this last year?
Going to the Delta with our friends.
(Me too! We have such wonderful friends.)




Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (When you're 18)
I don't know. I would still be living at home. Maybe taking some online classes, and I'll be driving.
(The driving part of her answer scares me...)

Where do you see yourself in 20 years? (When you're 33)
Married and hopefully with lots of children. I want to live in the country with lots of animals. 
(And living close to me, I pray.)

What do you like best about having an older brother and being the oldest sister?
I like having someone who is older than me. It feels protective in some way. I also like being the oldest girl because you don't get any hand-me-downs for clothes.
(I was the oldest of two girls and can totally relate to the hand-me-down thing.)


 Today we are thankfully celebrating Bookworm and Gods provision in her life. Later this afternoon we are headed out to get her ears pierced, and then tonight we are having a fun birthday dinner with Chocolate Trifle for dessert, at her request.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Bookworm!

2 comments: