Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Well, My Sweetie is challenging me to start working out with him this month. He swims during the summer, but in a couple weeks will go back to his biking. My workout routine is usually a 25 minute session with either Jillian Michaels or Leslie Sansone (and I'll be honest here) maybe three times a week on a good week. So I am a bit daunted by a 50 minute bike ride with my husband right behind me, pushing me to go faster, 4 days a week. Oh and the icing on the cake? This is all happening at the lovely hour of 6:45 AM. No pain no gain, I guess.

What I'm reading: I am finishing up my library book on gardening....since I have to return the book I am thinking to quickly re-read it and take notes on what to do. Her advice about tomatoes was good stuff, since we have the same kind of clay soil....no heirlooms, don't over water, mulch and compost...

What we're learning: This week the older two are starting their literature study of Treasure Island, I am starting a new math curriculum with Nutsy that uses lots of manipulatives, and Dasher is moving right along with her online spelling lists, reading and phonics.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend we watched the movie Hoosiers with the kids. They really enjoyed it. Our DVD also came with some special features and one of them was footage from the actual basketball game from 1954 that the movie was based on. And let me just tell you that basketball has come a long way since then....

What's cooking: This week I am making a stir fry, Chili Verde, and a new Cooking Light recipe called Penne Rigate with Spicy Sausage and Zucchini in Tomato Cream Sauce. Sometimes I get a kick out of recipe names....I would have probably just called it Sausage Tomato Pasta.

What I'm creating: I have a couple of reviews to write in the next couple of weeks...one of them is a super fun one that I was excited to try out.

What I'm planning: I need to do some research and planning for my part in our co-op...I am teaching music and we are learning about chord progression, which I really don't know much about. And with the wide age range that we have (7-18) I don't know how in-depth I want to get. I'll say it again, homeschooling has taught me just as much as it has taught the kids.

What we did this last weekend: We did some work around the house and had our movie night on Saturday. Yesterday we went to church and Sunday school then home for grilled chicken with corn and a tomato-cucumber-grilled bread salad. Our games of choice are usually cards or Speed Scrabble; for a change yesterday we played Normal Scrabble. Totally different and certainly stretches your brain. We finished off the evening with a crazy game of Cocktails with the kids.


What I'm looking forward to: Just a normal week ahead. We have co-op, our first goat project meeting, and I am hoping to meet up with a friend for her birthday lunch.

A picture to share:



~The girls outside with the cat. We are going to try to keep him and break him of his crazy habit of attacking dogs. A couple things about this photo: first, we have now named the kitty and the kids all decided on the name Vader. Second, don't let Dasher's jacket fool you. It is in the low 60's right now and is supposed to hit 90 degrees today...I just have wimpy Californian children.

Comments

Popular Posts